What does Mortgage Research Center, LLC do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of information we collect and share depends on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and Credit Scores
- Income and Assets
- Employment Information and Credit History
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their personal information; the reasons Mortgage Research Center, LLC chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Mortgage Research Center, LLC share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), responds to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you.
|For joint marketing with our financial companies
||We Don't Share
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
||We Don't Share
|For our affiliates to market to you
||We Don't Share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We Don't Share
To limit our sharing, please call 855-857-3933 and our menu will prompt you through your choices. Please note, if you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Questions? Call 1-855-857-3936 or go to MortgageResearchCenter.com/privacy
|Who is providing this notice?
||Mortgage Research Center, LLC
|How does Mortgage Research Center, LLC protect my personal information?
||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does Mortgage Research Center, LLC collect my personal information?
||We collect your personal information, for example, when you apply for a loan, give us your income information, provide employment information or show your government-issued ID, or give us your contact information. We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
|Why can't I limit all sharing?
||Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
- Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Our affiliates include companies with a Veterans United, Military United, Mortgage Research Center, and Clarence State Bank name; and non-financial companies such as Veterans United Realty.
- Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Mortgage Research Center, LLC does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- Joint marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Mortgage Research Center, LLC does not jointly market.
Other Important Information
Vermont Residents – Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or affiliates.
California Residents – Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or joint marketing partners while you are a resident of California.
Nevada Residents – Call 1-855-857-3933 to be placed on our Do-Not-Call list. For more information, mail Mortgage Research Center, LLC Call Center, 2101 Chapel Plaza Ct., Columbia, MO 65203 or email email@example.com. You may also contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, call 702-486-3132, or email DBCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us. This notice is provided pursuant to state law.
Online Privacy Notice
We Respect Your PrivacyYour privacy matters to us and we recognize the importance of keeping your information secure. Below, you will find details about our privacy policies and how your information is used.This Online Privacy Notice applies to this Mortgage Research Center, LLC website. We encourage you to review this policy to better understand how information we collect is used to provide you with exceptional service.
What We CollectWe collect two types of information through this site: Personal and Non-Personal.
Personal InformationPersonal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers. We may use Personal Information to:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
Non-Personal InformationWe also collect Non-Personal information which includes, but is not limited to: your IP address, referral data, the web pages you view while visiting our site and your interactions with those pages.
- We use this information to improved our site and better accommodate our visitors.
- We utilize "cookies" throughout our site to improve your experience and to help us understand our visitors' needs. A "cookie" is a small text file that contains your anonymous information and is transferred onto your computer where it is stored, and then allows the website administrator to identify your computer and learn about how you use our web site. A "cookie" will not allow a web site to learn any personally identifiable information, like your name or address, that you otherwise would have disclosed. We use cookie information to identify and correct errors on our site and to determine the popularity of pages and to provide you with an excellent resource for mortgage information on the internet.
- We collect other site usage information via Google Analytics and Google's DoubleClick cookie to serve ads over time based on a user's prior visits to our website. You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- California "Do Not Track" Disclosures: While some Internet browsers have the ability to specify privacy preferences to websites, including requests not to track your usage and browsing history, Mortgage Research Center, LLC websites do not currently respond to these signals and may continue track your activity on this website and use gathered information as provided in this policy.
How We Use Your Submitted Information
- As a result of submitting your telephone number and your request to receive more information on a loan, you will be matched with a Network Member. You may be contacted directly by phone and/or email as a result of your request, even if the number you supplied is on the National Do Not Call registry. If, however, after you have submitted your information to us and you no longer wish to be contacted at the phone numbers provided, you may instruct the Network Member to place you on their internal "do not call" list.
- You may choose what information to provide us. You may choose to withhold certain information, but this may affect your ability to use certain features of our website. We encourage consumers to disclose all pertinent information so we can provide a high level of customer service and offer the best products for you.
- Federal and state laws require us to maintain certain loan qualification forms for set periods of time. In order to comply, we may be unable to delete certain information from our systems once you supply it to us. We make significant efforts to protect this information.
- Mortgage Research Center, LLC may periodically send you complimentary materials including newsletters, commercial offers, instructional videos or other information if you choose to provide us an email address. By providing your email address or submitting a request for more information that includes your email address, you have opted to receive these materials from us. If you desire to stop receiving these materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific request.
- For additional information on how Mortgage Research Center, LLC makes use of the Personal Information you submit to us, please see our Consumer Privacy Notice.
How We Share your Information
- We may be required to disclose certain personal information resulting from a properly served request from a federal or state law enforcement or other governmental agency as a result of a subpoena, court order, in order to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information may also be disclosed in the event of a merger or sale of the company, an asset sale, or the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Once you submit your information to Mortgage Research Center, LLC it may not be retracted. You will be contacted by a representative or Network Member after you submit a request through our site or an affiliate site.
- We may disclose any of the personal information that we collect from our customer or former customer to non-affiliated third party entities as permitted by federal and state law.
- We comply with all relevant state and federal laws regarding the safeguarding of your personal information. Maintaining the security of your information is a top priority at Mortgage Research Center, LLC, so please contact us with any questions or concerns that you have regarding this policy.WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW
- We restrict access to your stored non-public personal identifiable information to those employees that need to know this information in order to provide our services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your information against unauthorized access.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA):
- This site is intended for individuals age 18 and older. Children under the age of 13 should not use this site, and are expressly prohibited from using our services.
Our Secure System Protects You
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, Mortgage Research Center, LLC uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Nevertheless, no system can be completely secure, and you should not expect that your information will remain protected. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, human error, or a number of other factors may compromise the security of your information. As a consumer, you should always safeguard your personal information and protect yourself from potential identify fraud.
General Policy Provisions
Mortgage Research Center, LLC
2101 Chapel Plaza Ct.
Columbia, MO 65203